All students who maintain a four-year cumulative GPA are graduated with academic honors as described below:
3.50 – 3.799 GPA Academic Honors
3.80 – 3.999 GPA High Academic Honors
4.0 and above GPA Highest Academic Honors
Commencement Protocol Prior to 1997
For graduation ceremonies prior to 1997, the student(s) who maintain the highest and second highest four-year cumulative grade point averages will be named valedictorian and salutatorian, respectively.
Commencement Protocol in 1997 and Beyond
Protocol for graduation ceremonies in 1997 and beyond shall be as follows:
- Highest Academic Honors, High Academic Honors, and Academic Honors students will be recognized in the Commencement Program.
- Highest Academic Honors students will receive a gold medallion which can be worn at graduation.
- Highest Academic Honor students will work with the Graduation Committee at their respective school to determine seating arrangements.
- High Academic Honors and Academic Honors students will be publicly recognized at graduation.
- Students with the Highest Academic Honors designation will be eligible to speak at graduation. Student in the Highest Academic Honors group will determine whether one or more student(s) will speak.