The board authorizes advanced placement academic programs for the district’s 11th and 12th grade students.
Students who are accepted for university or college entrance prior to completing all high school graduation requirements may be granted a high school diploma if all of the following conditions are met:
- A request is made to the principal in advance for a waiver of completion of high school graduation requirements;
- Approval by the superintendent of the waiver upon recommendation of the principal;
- Satisfactory completion of all state requirements for graduation at the high school or at the college/university or other institution approved by the board; and
- Satisfactory completion of sufficient college courses which may be substituted for required or elective courses for which high school credit shall be given in order to meet the high school graduation requirements.
- The superintendent shall be responsible for developing procedures and criteria to implement this policy.
LEGAL REF: MCL, 380.1282; 380.1300