The mission of the Walled Lake Schools, in partnership with parents and community, is to become the best educational system in America so all students demonstrate they are caring, responsible and knowledgeable citizens.
The board believes:
- All people can learn.
- Everyone has the right, ability and desire to learn.
- All individuals have unique needs, interests and abilities that impact the process of learning.
- Every person has worth.
- Adults are role models.
- All members of the school and community are important contributors to the educational process and need mutual respect and understanding to work together.
- The public image of the schools influences community support.
- We are participants in an international society.
- In the value of cultural diversity.
- In the value of caring.
- In an active partnership among parents, community and school.
- That values, knowledge and skills are important.
- That all individuals can develop their potentials.
- Every person has a gift to share.
- That learning is a life-long process.
- In the importance of self-esteem.
- That American democracy needs strong public schools.
- That change is ongoing in schools and society.
- That individual school pride and ownership strengthen the entire school/community partnership.
- Quality educational programs are measurable.