Property Insurance

The board shall insure district property.  Such insurance may be obtained from companies licensed to do business in the state of Michigan.  The status of the insurance program in its entirety shall be reviewed annually with specific reference to adequacy of coverage, placement of insurance, and services provided by insurance agents, their representatives, associates, or companies.

Transportation Insurance  (Cf. EDBA)

The board shall purchase casualty and liability insurance for vehicles owned and operated by the district, as well as non-ownership vehicle insurance as a secondary coverage.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance shall be provided to cover board members and members of the administrative staff in performance of duties relating to district business and operation.

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ Compensation insurance shall be carried for all employees as provided by law.  The district may opt to be self-insured in this area.

Except in unusual circumstances, all insurance shall be purchased on the basis of bids, taking into consideration cost, service, potential dividends and any other factors which may be of benefit to the district.

Adopted:   7/1/93