In order to assure the safe keeping of monies collected by employees, student treasurer or officer of a school building, the following procedures shall be followed:
- All monies shall be properly receipted, accounted for, and directed without delay to the proper location for deposit.
- When handling Student Activity or other such receipts, in order to eliminate writing numerous receipts for small amounts, a simple form can be completed. This form must contain the following information:
- the reason for the collection, and
- each student’s name and the amount paid.
The completed list(s) shall accompany the deposit given to the building bookkeeper as documentation for the deposit. The bookkeeper will then provide a receipt to the teacher or other responsible party for the total of the list. This list will then be filed in the appropriate Student Activity file.
- No money shall be left overnight in desks, lockers or other such equipment.
- 4. All money left overnight in buildings shall be placed in the school safe.
Revised 1/15/04, 6/17/04